How It Works
We use a plastic stencil that we tape to the wall.
Then we roll paint over the stencil with a paint roller (please provide paint in the colour of your choice).
The stencil is then carefully moved and re-positioned many times to create the "all over stencil" look.
EXAMPLE: A 10 square meters wall takes about
Our Process (start to finish)
What happens when our team comes to your house?
A wall stencil job can take between 3-8 hours (depending on the size of the wall). Here is how it works...
Prepare: We ask that you prepare for our team's arrival by having your paint (in the colour of your choice) ready to go and furniture moved away from your wall.
NOTE: Some people prefer to put a fresh, new base coat of paint on their wall before we arrive. Please do this the day before, so the paint is dry when we arrive. Of course, you can skip this step and leave your wall "as is" (you may just want to gently wash off any scuff marks).
1. Arrival: We prefer to arrive at your house or business in the morning and start around 9:00 am (we are flexible on the time).
2. Agreement and Disclaimer: We will ask that you sign an agreement, outlining the payment for your project and confirming the price estimate you have been given for your project. We will also walk you through our disclaimer (how to proceed in the unlikely event that there is a mistake and the stencil needs to be re-done). Read more about our disclaimer...
that you be available to review the finished wall once it’s complete. This will help us make sure the project is completed to your satisfact
3. Set-Up: Our team set up by covering your floor, setting up their "paint table" and preparing your walls (taping base boards and door frames to protect them from paint).
Note: We use tape and carefully remove it, but because of the humidity in this area, on rare occasion when the tape is removed, it will take-off some of your "older paint." If you can provide some of the original paint, we are happy to do "touch-ups."
4. Stenciling: Our team begins stenciling by placing the plastic stencil on your wall and rolling on the paint with a "paint roller." The stencil is carefully moved and re-positioned many times to create the "all over stencil" look.
5. Review: Although you do not need to be there while our team stencils your wall, we do ask that you be available to review the finished wall once it’s complete. This will help us make sure the project is completed to your satisfaction.
6. Evaluation and Payment: To improve our services we ask that you fill out a short evaluation. We value your feedback!
CASH: We require full payment for the job in cash once your project is completed (you will receive and approve the charges for the entire project in advance...so there are no surprises).
EFT: If you prefer to pay via EFT, we ask that you make a 50% deposit before we begin the job. You can then send the final payment via EFT once the project is complete. Click here for bank details...
The End Result
It appears quite similar to wall paper (but MUCH easier to remove - just paint over it!).
Get a free quote for our team to stencil a wall in your home or business in one of our 7 stunning stencil designs!
Please remember that wall stenciling by nature has a unique, hand painted look. It is not "perfect" and will have some irregularities. If you prefer a perfectly uniform look, we would recommend wall paper.
What happens if there is a mistake?
Oops! Many irregularities can be immediately corrected (each stencil application is carefully and immediately reviewed and most mistakes are wiped off quickly and cleanly). Other mistakes remain but can be corrected enough to maintain an overall beautiful "look and feel."
Double Oops! If mistakes are not "fixable" - then the entire wall can either be repainted in the original color (please provide) OR we can paint the whole wall in your "new stencil colour" and then we will purchase the paint colour of your choice for a new stencil to be applied. The project can be scheduled to be started over on another day.
See how it works!
Watch the video